Friday, January 30, 2015

Anyway

As i sit here staring at a blank screen what keeps creeping into my head is the fact that I'm not a writer, I'm a photographer. It's so mush easier to tell a story with one of my portraits then it is to actually type it. Anyway, here comes part of my story….. One of the reasons, I believe, that I chose Photography as my career at the late age of 30 is the fact that being a middle child, I have "no" images of myself before the age of 5. There's something wrong with this as I use to constantly tell my mom, but too late, nothing can be done about it. I've put out a plea to family with no return which obviously means no one else has any pics of me either. I think that's sad. Anyway…another reason I chose photography is that I am married to a fabulous musician (drummer-singer)who has worked at his craft since the age of 5. How wonderful for him to have known exactly what he wanted to do with his life. Not many can own that. I spent the majority of the early years of our marriage living life through him. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it was for me. I needed a purpose. Thankfully I found that purpose in photography. I love what I do. I really love photographing children, that is why I chose to specialize in that direction. I must say I've learned a lot. If you let them, they will teach you. They make me smile. I love the fact that I get to capture a moment of their life. Long after I'm gone from this earth, they have that moment and so does their children and family. Lucky me. Anyway….I highly doubt a Photography career is feasible in our changing industry which is why I chose not to speak at a recent career fair for children about the career of photography. I believe photography studios will not exist in the years to come. Everyone has a camera of some sort. We've become a society of "it's good enough".At least when you have your memories captured by a professional they aren't saved on a hard drive, left in a computer or left on a cell phone never to be printed by a professional lab. These are memories. Print them so your family will have them to look at and remember. I guess I'm just sad about all this….. Anyway…I'm not going anywhere. I still believe in what I do and the importance of capturing memories. Anyway…One thing I'll be doing more of is photographing for myself of which I'm so looking forward to doing. I'm going to be adding a "My Art" page to my website so check in now and again. Another chapter in my journey, ANYWAY……..

No comments: