Friday, April 26, 2019



The Soon to be "Lost Generation"

First I need to apologize  for not posting since September 18, 2017.  What??  Time is getting away from me.  I'm sure the earth is spinning faster.  Seems like it anyway. I'm not a good blogger/writer.  As a matter of fact I can't even write a letter, hence why I'm not blogging more often. Anyway….I'm here for a very important reason.  Let's call it the "Lost Generation" situation.  I just jumped on my soapbox cause this idea of a lost generation is close to my heart.  I've been in the photography business since 1987, which I'm very aware is a long time.  I was a film photographer until 2000 when I was basically forced into digital, scratching and screaming.  I was not a fan, I am now but it has it's drawbacks.  One of these drawbacks is everybody has a camera in this "it's good enough" society.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that lots of memories are being recorded, not really a fan of all the selfies, but that's just me. What is bothering my heart is that most of these memories are stored away in cell phones, computers, externial drives and of course the almighty cloud never to be seen again.  Hard copies (prints) are not being printed.  You know how you go into an antique store and see all these black & white and sepia pictures from the old days, well, what about these days?  In say the year 2030 (not sure if there will be antique shops then) but you get the picture.  Worst of all our babies babies and babies babies won't know what their ancestors even looked like.  Where they lived, etc.  This to me is so sad.  Maybe it hits me more being the second child of 5 with no pictures of myself before the age of kindergarten.  I have no clue what I looked like as a baby.  Granted back then it was my parents fault not thinking it would be important to me, but it is. Right now you're probably thinking it's not all that important, but believe me, it is and will be.  I know it's expensive but at the same time it's priceless.
So I have an idea for those that can't afford it.  Go through your snapshots, where ever they are, pick out your favs & suggest to anyone wanting to buy you a present to save your memories by printing some.  Or putting them in a book for you.  You will not regret it, believe me.  Okay I'm done.  I'm off my soapbox.  Have a blessed day and thank you for taking the time to read my babbling.  Normally I would draw a heart right here but I don't know where a heart is in this, 💗 hey, look what I did!!

PS  Sorry for grammar, punctuation & spelling errors…..

No comments: