Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just some thoughts...

Does it seem like your life is flying by. I remember when I was in high school. It seemed like forever till the weekend, not now. We are all so busy that we're missing what's important. I know first hand because I don't spend enough time enjoying my family. My grand kids are 9 yrs and 3 yrs. I just don't know where these years went. At least I am photographing them so I remember the many changes that have taken place in their lives. I was thinking the other day my father's been gone for 18 years. I look at his picture and can not believe I've lived these last 18 years without him. He was my sounding board when I got an idea about a new background or needed inspiration. I miss him so much, It's been 2 years the end of this month since I lost my mom. Before we all knew she was sick, Ron and I went to Florida for a visit. I didn't understand why she was so adamant about my taking her picture. She got up at 6 am so we could photograph her in the sweet light on her beach in Bonita Springs. I'm so glad my sisters and I have these images of our parents. I know how hectic life can be, especially since owning and running my own business. I guess I'm rambling on because so many of us are not taking the time. Where would we be without our friends and families? I'm so thankful I have my husband, my daughter, my grandkids, my sisters and my friends. Life is good but it's flying by. Just some thoughts....

No comments: